Anothergreat option for those of us who have a sweet tooth!
- 3-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cocoa (optional)
- 1/2 cups ground nuts (almonds, hazelnuts)
- 3/4 cups dried shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp or more to taste honey
- Start by melting the honey and oil in a saucepan over medium heat on the stove
- Add carob and nuts and coconut
- Form into a square by dumping into a small baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until hard
- Cut and eat
Garlic chicken, red peppersand mushroom sauce
- 125g Chicken Breast (4P)
- 300g Fresh Mushrooms (1C)
- 1 (100g) Onion (1C)
- 2 (360g) Red Peppers (2C)
- 100ml coconut milk (0,5P+0,5C)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Cut the chicken in bite-sized chunks
- Squash the glove of garlic
- Marinate for an hour in olive oil and salt, pepper, chili and the garlic.
- Cut the onion and mushrooms and saute over high heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream in and stir, season to taste with salt.
- Dice the red peppers and heat for awhile over high heat.
- Finally, sear the marinated chicken chunks and cook until done.
Paleo Shepherd’s Pie
20 oz Ground Turkey 110 P 35 F
- 12 oz Parsnnips - pealed and grated - 63 C
- 8 oz Zucchini - sliced - 8 C
- 3 oz mushrooms (i used shitake) - sliced - 3 C
- 1/2 C Red Onion - 5 C
- 1/2 C Cilantro - negligible C
- 2 Green Onions - chopped - 4 C
- 1/2 Cup Celery - sliced - negligible C
- 1 Slice Bacon - 15F 3P
- 8 egg whites - 24 P
- 1 Tbl Spoon Olive Oil - 14 F
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning (I used Italian Seasoning. Costco Rustic Tuscan Seasoning would also work well)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Peal and grate the parsnips with a cheese grater. Mix with onion salt and olive oil and set aside.
- Cook the bacon slice . DO NOT throw out the bacon fat. Leave it in the pan.
- Pan fry the onions, turkey, Italian Seasoning, and onion salt .Pepper to taste.
- Saute in the bacon fat the zucchini, mushrooms, and celery.
- Combine meat and veggies in one pan and mix thoroughly. Then let cool down a couple minutes.