This cab be made for dinner and then packed and used as leftovers for lunch. For best results, use lean beef or turkey, and add Italian Seasoning if desired.
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- remaining marinara sauce (1-2 cups)
- one package of kelp noodles, or one spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- Brown the meat in the olive oil using a large skillet. Once the meat is cooked, add the noodles and the marinara sauce.
- Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Toss in the crushed garlic before serving.
- If using spaghetti squash: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Split the squash lengthwise, then dig out the seeds.
- Place both halves face down on a baking pan, add 1/4 cup of water.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Dig out the squash with a fork and add to your skillet with the meat.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- 1½ – Almond Flour (940cal)
- 3/4 cup – Canned Pumpkin (60cal)
- 3lrg – Whole Eggs (215cal)
- 1 tsp – Baking powder
- 1 tsp – Baking soda
- ½ tsp – Ground Cinnamon
- 1½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (5cal)
- 1/8 tsp – Salt
- 1/4 cup – Agave Nectar (240cal) (optional and paleo-controversial)
- 10g (1/3 scoop) – French Vanilla Whey (Didn’t have Vanilla) (40cal)
1. Grease 6 muffin tins with coconut oil
2. Mix all ingredients. Pour mix into the 6 tins.
3. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes on the middle rack.
4. Stick almonds in the top when they come out hot.
Meatballs With Crunchy Sweet Potato Chips
1 /3 cup almond meal
3 cups baby spinach
1tsp dijon mustard (optional)
25g tomato paste
1 sweet potato, medium
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Place spinach in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 2 minutes before draining as much liquid as possible from the spinach. Chop well. Place spinach in a bowl along with mince, salt, almond meal, mustard, tomato paste and sage. Combine well.
3. Roll into 2.5cm size balls and place on an oven proof baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a frying pan for deep frying. Peel sweet potato then slice into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Place a small handful of sweet potato ribbons in frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from frying pan and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
6. Repeat with remaining sweet potato.
7. To serve, place sweet potato ribbons on a plate and top with meatballs.