Lemon and garlic scallops recipe
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced;
- 2 tbsp lemon juice;
- 3/4 cup butter (or Ghee);
- 2 pounds large scallops;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and melt the butter or ghee. Add the minced garlic for a minute, until fragrant;
- Add the scallops and cook for a few minutes on the first side so they are about halfway cooked. Turn the scallops and finish cooking until they are firm and opaque.
- Put the scallops aside to a plate and add the lemon juice to the hot butter and garlic in the pan. Season to taste;
- Serve the scallops on a bed of steamed or roasted vegetables with the lemon and garlic butter sauce on top. Spinach and asparagus go very well with scallops. Additionally, sprinkle some fresh parsley or chives on top if available.
Bacon, Grape and Broccoli Salad
This simple salad. It’s very hearty, nutritious and a really quick meal of snack fix.
The texture of this salad is amazing: crispy bacon, crunchy almonds and juicy grapes. This recipe usually calls for raisins, but the grapes give a much nicer texture to the salad.
You can of course play around, use more or less of any of the ingredients depending on your preferences. Celery also goes well in this salad. You can also add fresh chopped dill to the dressing for an even fancier taste.
Bacon, grape & broccoli recipe Serves 6
- 2 or 3 heads of broccoli, depending on their size;
- 1 1/2 cup red or green grapes, halved;
- 10 slices bacon;
- 1/2 chopped onion;
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds;
- 1 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Place the slices of bacon in a large pan on medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes on each side until crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, cut the broccoli in small florets. You can use the stalks as well, making sure to cut it in pieces about the same size as the florets.
- Mix the florets with the almonds, chopped onion and halved grapes.
- Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, crumble and add it to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with the salad, mix well, serve and enjoy!