A great recipe to make extra of and have for left overs!
- 1 TBS coconut oil (i was out of cononut oil and used olive oil)
- 1 3/4 lbs mince
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 12 oz jar salsa....of course you could make that fresh if you want
- 1 8 oz can of tomatoes
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Sauté over medium heat the onions, celery and garlic until onions are translucent about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Then you add the meat, cumin, thyme, and chili powder. S
- tir while this cooks for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then pour in the salsa, tomatoes and salt.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of mild green chilis.
- Let this simmer for at least an hour.
Paleo Sloppy Joes
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small sweet onion, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 tbs olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef or turkey
1 tbs tapioca starch
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 tbs honey
2 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs mustard
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, lemon juice, honey, and spices.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook onion, carrot, and pepper until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Brown the ground turkey or beef. Sprinkle with tapioca starch.
3. Add veggies back into the pan and then coat with the sauce from the bowl.
4. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes until thick.